I was recently at a guest speaker presentation called “Why Fundraising is Everyone’s Job.” Abbie J. von Schlegell, guest speaker, shared these reasons as “Why Donors Give”
- To experience the joy and happiness of giving
- Because the asker offers an opportunity to meet certain needs
- To affiliate wit those who have like values
- To enhance community resources
- Because of a relationship between the donor and the organization
- To make a difference
- Because they are asked
This cartoon, shared by Mark Ewert, UUA Congregational Stewardship Consultant, demonstrates the first reason “To experience the joy and happiness of giving.”
Are there other reasons you give?
Comments are closed.